Learn about US Symbols AND tourist attractions while you tour around North America as The Traveling Tourists! Your students are going to have a blast touring around North America, passport in hand as The Traveling Tourists!
This unit has everything you need to complete a unit of study on U.S. Symbols and major Tourist Attractions in North America.
This unit will allow you to have your students Travel from destination to destination with their passport in hand. At each destination, they will "stamp" their personalized passport and then read about a different US Symbol or Tourist Attraction at each destination.
After they read the information card at each destination, your students will complete a Factual Flip-Flap Book that will be adhered to their "suitcase" and then continues on their travels to the next destination.
Included in this US Symbols and Tourist Attractions Unit:
- 9 Different Flip-Flap Books (black and white printables) for each specific US Symbol and Tourist Attraction (Please note - 8 of the flip-flap books will fit inside the suitcase. I wasn't sure if teachers would use Niagra Falls so I added 3 matchbooks and you can choose 2 of the three (Niagara falls, Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore). If you choose to use all 3, you can add the last matchbook to the back of the suitcase.
- Student Passports (color and black and white)
- Passport Stamps for each destination that will be adhered to each passport page when they arrive at a specific destination.
- Information Cards (full color) for each US Symbol and Tourist Attraction.
- Welcome to...Posters for each destination.
- Covers for the Suitcases in color and black and white for Girls and Boys
- Culminating Activity - Opinion Writing and Graphic Organizers - Students will choose to write an opinion piece on The Best Tourist Attraction or The Most Important US Symbol and state reasons/proof for their beliefs
Common Core Aligned: Grade 2: RI.2.1, W.2.1, W.2.2 Grade 3: 3.RI.1, 3.W.1