Teaching States of Matter with a little twist of FUN! Learning about States of Matter using this funky States of Matter Flip Flap Book is the perfect way for your students to APPLY everything they learned about States of Matter!
This unit can:
- - be used during a whole group lesson where the students complete the page that aligns with the daily lesson
- be used as an authentic assessment at the end of your unit on matter
- can be given as an independent project at the end of your unit on matter
Included in this unit is:
1 M-A-T-T-E-R Flip-Flap Book® - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about the different states of matter.
- write the definition of matter and the three states of matter
- color, and label a test tube to show the solid, liquid, and gas
- write the properties of gases
- draw and label 4 different types of gases
- draw and label pictures to show what the particles look like in each state of matter
- write the properties of liquids
- draw and label 4 different types of liquids - draw, label, and explain how a liquid can change its state
- write the properties of solids
- draw and label 4 different types of solids
- draw, label, and explain how a solid can change its state
The last page of the flip-flap book® is personalized with a boy or girl scientist illustration.
This flip-flap book® could also be used as an authentic assessment to evaluate the depth of knowledge your students gained through your unit on Matter.
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
VIDEO TUTORIAL: Click here to WATCH a Flip Flap Book Video Tutorial
Flip Flap Book™ Video Tutorial
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!