These Figurative Language Tab-Its® can be used for Morning Work, Classwork, Homework, or even during Daily 5 for your Word Work….they are extremely versatile! They fit perfectly into your Interactive Notebooks!
The contents and skills within each Tab-Its® Booklet are scaffolded and build upon the page prior for a deeper and more concrete understanding of the material.
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
Figurative Language Tab-Its® that is included:
The students will:
- define what a simile is
- write examples of similes
- DRAW IT page - illustrate a Literal and Figurative drawing of the Similes shown
- EXPLAIN IT page - explain the literal meaning of the simile given - write an example of a simile and explain the literal meaning
- USE IT page - write a detailed sentence using the simile so the reader can understand the literal meaning behind the simile - write their OWN simile and write a detailed sentence using the simile so the reader can understand the literal meaning behind the simile
- PRACTICE IT page - choose or create a simile, write the meaning of the simile, write a sentence using the simile so the reader understands the meaning of it, and draw a literal illustration of the simile
- There is an ADDITIONAL page of the PRACTICE IT page that does not have a tab at the top. This page can be given multiple times for additional practice using similes and can be attached as the last pages in the Tab-Its® booklet!.
These Figurative Language Tab-Its® Booklets have EVERYTHING you need to have your students practice and master these skills in a FUN and Interactive way!