Biomes activities. These Biomes of the World Interactive Notebook Tab-Its® - Volume 3 are engaging, fun, rigorous and fit beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of these Tab-Its® Booklets incorporates reading, writing, and research skills.
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
There are 8 Biomes of the World Tab-Its® Booklets included:
* Life in the Desert
* Life in the Rainforest
* Life in the Grasslands
* Life in the Forest
* Life in the Tundra
* Life in the Taiga
* Life in the Ocean
* LIfe in a Freshwater Biome
Each booklet expects the students to:
* define each biome and draw a picture of the biome
* research the climate of each biome and record the average temperature in the winter and summer, the average rainfall, and describe the overall climate in each biome
* research 3 animals that live in each biome and write facts about each animal and draw a picture of the animals chosen
* research 3 plants and trees of each biome and write facts about each plant/tree and draw picture of the plants/trees chosen
* color a US Map OR a World Map to show where the biome can be found and create a map key for the information presented
These Biomes of the World Tab-Its® are used for students to conduct research on the specific biome. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
These Tab-Its® can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!