This Plants Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-Its® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on Insects.
The students will.....
- complete a graphic organizer describing what Plants Have, what they Can Do and what they Need
- define plant terms that may be difficult to understand or read - the teacher will choose which vocabulary words the students will define based on the needs of the students or lesson
- label a diagram of a flower and explain what that part of the plant does
- label and color the life cycle of a flower
- conduct a plant observation of a plant they planted or a whole-class plant - they will describe the plant they are observing, tell the growth stage the plant is in, measure the plant's height, and draw and color a picture of the plant.
- (There are additional pages for the Plant Observation Journal - The teacher can decide how many pages the student will need for their observations throughout your unit of study.)
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
All of my Tab-Its® Booklets can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!