This PILGRIMS Flip Flap Book® is the perfect addition to your lesson on the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving. Your students will APPLY everything they learned about the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Indians in this fresh and funky Pilgrims Flip Flap Book®!
Included in this unit is:
- 1 P-I-L-G-R-I-M-S Flip-Flap Book® - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about the Pilgrims and the Wampanoags in this flip-flap book®
- 1 set of Boat Tracers to allow your students to create and assemble the Mayflower craftivity
- write about who the Pilgrims were
- write about who the Wampanoags were
- complete a Pilgrim graphic organizer - complete a Wampanoag graphic organizer
- will compare themselves to a Pilgrim Boy or Pilgrim Girl on a Venn diagram
- Map Skills - label Plymouth, England and Cape Cod, MA, show where the Pilgrims started their voyage and ended their voyage, where they were supposed to land, and label a compass
- write 3 facts about the Mayflower
- complete a graphic organizer on if they would rather be a Wampanoag or a Pilgrim and provide 3 reasons to support their position (Opinion Writing)
- use the graphic organizer to write a paragraph about choosing to be a Wampanoag or a Pilgrim including a topic sentence, supporting details from the map, and a conclusion
This flip-flap book® could also be used as an authentic assessment to evaluate the depth of knowledge your students gained through your unit on the Pilgrims.
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!