- Do your students need more practice blending short vowel sounds, differentiating between the short vowels and using word families?
- Do you want an activity that requires very little PREP, but packs a PUNCH?
- Do you use Interactive Notebooks and want to implement something a little DIFFERENT for your notebooks?
If so...LOOK NO FURTHER! This is the resource for you!
PHONICS TAB-ITS® focusing on Word Families!
The students will be expected to
- RECOGNIZE short vowel pictures
- BLEND/DECODE the short vowel word family word
- SORT each picture onto the correct Word Family page of the booklet,
- WRITE the word family word
- APPLY their knowledge of blending short vowel sounds using spinners to make REAL and NONSENSE words!
This resource includes:
- 5 Word Family Tab-Its® Booklets * 5 pages of short vowel pictures (each page includes at least 25 pictures) * 5 Letter Spinners for each Short Vowel Word Family to make and BLEND Real and Nonsense words
- Short A word families - at, ap, am, an, ag
- Short E word families - en, et, ed, ell, est
- Short I word families - ip, it, in, ig, ice
- Short O word families - op, to, go, ock, ox, od
- Short U word families - um, ub, ug, un, uck
The last page in each Word Family Tab-Its® Booklet is called APPLY where the students will use two spinners (beginning sound and ending sounds) and create REAL and NONSENSE words.
These Phonics Tab-Its® are PERFECT for your Guided Reading Intervention groups or Whole Group phonics lessons to utilize throughout the year! They fit perfectly into a spiral bound OR composition notebook.