- Do your students need more practice blending short vowel sounds, differentiating between the short vowels and using word families?
- Do you want an activity that requires very little PREP, but packs a PUNCH?
- Do you use Interactive Notebooks and want to implement something a little DIFFERENT for your notebooks?
If so...LOOK NO FURTHER! This is the resource for you!
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
PHONICS TAB-ITS® focusing on Word Families!
The students will be expected to
- RECOGNIZE short vowel pictures
- BLEND/DECODE the short vowel word family word
- SORT each picture onto the correct Word Family page of the booklet,
- WRITE the word family word
- APPLY their knowledge of blending short vowel sounds using spinners to make REAL and NONSENSE words!
This resource includes:
- 5 Word Family Tab-Its® Booklets * 5 pages of short vowel pictures (each page includes at least 25 pictures) * 5 Letter Spinners for each Short Vowel Word Family to make and BLEND Real and Nonsense words
- Short A word families - at, ap, am, an, ag
- Short E word families - en, et, ed, ell, est
- Short I word families - ip, it, in, ig, ice
- Short O word families - op, to, go, ock, ox, od
- Short U word families - um, ub, ug, un, uck
The last page in each Word Family Tab-Its® Booklet is called APPLY where the students will use two spinners (beginning sound and ending sounds) and create REAL and NONSENSE words.
These Phonics Tab-Its® are PERFECT for your Guided Reading Intervention groups or Whole Group phonics lessons to utilize throughout the year! They fit perfectly into a spiral bound OR composition notebook.