These Measurement Spin-Its Math Stations are the perfect complement to your math unit on Measurement. These Measurement math stations fit in seamlessly into a 2nd or 3rd-grade classroom and are completely aligned with the common core state standards. They work perfectly for your Math Stations if you teach math through a guided math or math workshop approach, or if you just use a variety of math centers in your classroom.
The best part about these Spin-Its Math Stations is the CONSISTENCY that it creates. Once your students learn how to use the Spin-Its and read the directions on the recording sheet the first time, it will be SMOOTH SAILING for the rest of the year. Consistency is KEY when you are expecting your students to work independently on an extension activity of your lesson.
This Measurement Spin-Its Resource includes:
- 6 Time Spin-Its Math Stations
- Spin-It, Measure-It, Record-It - Spin the spinners, measure items in desk with cm or in.
- Spin-It, Draw-It, Label-It - Spin the number spinner and unit of measurement spinner, use a rule to draw a line to that measurement
- Spin-It - Race to a Meter - Partner game where students use a meter sticks and tens/ones blocks to race to a meter
- Spin-It, Find-It, Record-It - Spin the spinners - find an object in the classroom that is about that height or length spun
- Spin-It, Measure-It, Record-It - Big Measurement - Spin the spinners - use a meter/yard stick to measure larger objects in the classroom
- Measure-It, Record-It, Compare-It - Measure the objects on the page in cm and inches and record measurement results