This States of Matter Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-Its® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on States of Matter.
The students will.....
* define what matter is
* list the three states of matter by labeling a picture
* describe the properties of a solid
* illustrate and label 4 different solids
* illustrate, label, and explain how a solid can change its state
* describe the properties of a liquid
* illustrate and label 4 different liquids
* illustrate, label, and explain how a liquid can change its state
* describe the properties of a gas
* illustrate and label 4 different gases
* illustrate, label, and explain how a gas can change its state
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
This States of Matter Tab-Its® Booklet can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!