These March Tab-Its® are just the ticket! They allow teachers to acknowledge each of the March holidays and events without taking too much time out of your day!
As teachers, we have A LOT of curriculum to cover in a short amount of time, yet we still want our kiddos to have FUN and learn about the different holidays and seasonal events throughout the school year!
These March Holiday Tab-Its® can be used whole group after you read a mentor text on the specific holiday, they can be used at your Work on Writing Station or Center, and/or they can be used during your Guided Reading group time.
This resource includes 3 March Tab-Its for these holidays/Events:
All About St. Patrick's Day (This is a non-fiction CLOSE READING Tab-its® Resource - This passage is also part of my Spring Read-Its resource.)
- do a Close Reading about St. Patrick's Day
- focus on level 3 vocabulary from the text using context clues
- go back into the text to find important information on the topic
- write 2 facts they learned
- create one question that can be answered from the text
- analyze the text by answering higher level questions
- It's St. Patrick's Day
- write what St. Patrick's Day is
- complete a word find with words related to the holiday/month
- summarize a fictional story that was read independently or whole group
- creative writing piece on If I Found a Four Leaf Clover...
- complete making words activity using the word leprechaun and writing the words on pots of gold
Let's Get Ready To READ This is perfect for Read Across America Day!
- what is your favorite book and why...then illustrate
- write is your favorite non-fiction book and why...then illustrate
- who is your favorite fictional character and why
- write three character traits the character possesses and draw a picture of the character
- I'm a Reader page - the children will read books over a period of time in the specific place the book cut-out tells them to read. Every time they read a book, they add the book cut-out to their page. Each book equals 20 minutes of reading. (ex. Read under a blanket with a flashlight, Read to your stuffed animal, Record yourself reading and listen back, etc...)
These Tab-Its® fit perfectly into a spiral bound or black and white composition notebook! Try something NEW, INTERACTIVE, and FUN during the March holidays this month. BEST PART.. they will only take a little time to finish!