This Idioms Tab-Its® Booklet is PERFECT to help your students PRACTICE using idioms, MASTER the understanding of what idioms are and APPLY this new concept within their own writing.
These Figurative Language Tab-Its® can be used for Morning Work, Classwork, Homework, or even during Daily 5 for your Word Work….they are extremely versatile! They fit perfectly into your Interactive Notebooks!
The contents and skills within each Tab-Its® Booklet are scaffolded and build upon the page prior for a deeper and more concrete understanding of the material.
Figurative Language Tab-Its® that is included:
The students will:
- DEFINE what an idiom is
- DRAW IT page - illustrate a Literal and Figurative drawing of the idioms shown
- EXPLAIN IT page - explain the literal meaning of the idiom given
- write an example of an idiom and explain the literal meaning
- USE IT page
- write a detailed sentence using the idiom so the reader can understand the literal meaning behind the idiom
- write their OWN idiom and write a detailed sentence using the idiom so the reader can understand the literal meaning behind the idiom
- PRACTICE IT page
- choose or create an idiom, write the meaning of the idiom, write a sentence using the idiom so the reader understands the meaning of it, and draw a literal illustration of the idiom
- There is an ADDITIONAL page of the PRACTICE IT page that does not have a tab at the top. This page can be given multiple times for additional practice using similes and can be attached as the last pages in the Tab-Its™ booklet!.
These Figurative Language Tab-Its® Booklets have EVERYTHING you need to have your students practice and master these skills in a FUN and Interactive way!