Let's Celebrate Holidays Around the World with this FLIP FLAP BOOK®! Get ready to have your students demonstrate their knowledge about the different celebrations and Holidays Around the World using this fresh and funky Holidays Around the World flip flap book®!
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
Included in this unit is:
- 8 Travel Brochures for each country they will learn and write about for the Holiday they celebrate
- 1 H-O-L-I-D-A-Y-S Flip-Flap Book® - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about the traditions, foods, and holiday decorations from 8 different countries.
- travel to 7 different countries (Christmas and Kwanzaa in America)
- countries include France, Sweden, Israel, Germany, Australia, Mexico, and America
- read information about the holiday traditions, foods, and decorations from 7 different countries on Travel Brochures
- after reading the travel brochures, they will write down facts about each country's holiday traditions, foods, and decorations on their flip flap book™
- they will "Create a Plate" (food and labeling) - complete the "Decoration Station" (Decorations and labeling)
- write about "Tradition Exhibitions" from each country (write about holiday traditions from each country)
- address map skills by finding each country on the map, finding it on their world map in their flip flap book, and create a map key for each country they traveled to - write about what holiday they celebrate in December and their favorite thing they do on that holiday
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!