This Guided Reading Detectives resource is PERFECT for your Guided Reading groups. So get ready to have some FUN while you teach Guided Reading! You will be transforming your students into Super Sleuth Detectives as you make your way through the Common Core State Standards for Reading Literature and you are going to have a BLAST doing it!
This unit includes:
- 25 double-sided Flip-Flap® Books that address various comprehension lessons (cause and effect, beginning, middle, and end, time order words, vocabulary development, predictions, setting, character analysis, questioning skills, comparing and contrasting characters and stories, phonics word hunts)
Flip-Flap Book titles:
- Title Clues
- What's the Scene?
- The Lineup
- Top Secret Vocabulary
- Investigation Report
- Witness Report
- Questioning the Witness
- Events in the Investigation
- Who's Who?
- What's the Story?
- Crack the Case
- Case of the Word Hunt (12 separate Matchbook flip-flap books)
- A Detective Briefcase to house all of your students "Investigations"
- 4 different covers for their briefcase in color and black and white
- Culminating Writing Activity - Opinion writing piece
I will be supplying my students with dollar store black sunglasses as we complete our detective work during our Guided Reading groups!
This unit is SURE to keep your students' attention while they learn the various comprehension skills that are aligned with the Common Core State Standards.