These Fractions Spin-Its Math Stations are the perfect complement to your math unit on FRACTIONS. These Fractions math stations fit in seamlessly into a 2nd or 3rd-grade classroom and are completely aligned with the common core state standards. They work perfectly for your Math Stations if you teach math through a guided math or math workshop approach, or if you just use a variety of math centers in your classroom.
The best part about these Spin-Its Math Stations is the CONSISTENCY that it creates. Once your students learn how to use the Spin-Its and read the directions on the recording sheet the first time, it will be SMOOTH SAILING for the rest of the year. Consistency is KEY when you are expecting your students to work independently on an extension activity of your lesson.
This Fractions Spin-Its Resource includes:
- 8 Fractions Spin-Its Math Stations
- dividing shapes in halves and fourths
- spin the fraction - find the fraction - label & color the fraction
- spin the fraction - cut out the fraction cubes - color and glue
- spin the pattern block shape - trace it - name it - color it s
- pin a numerator and denominator - color and cut it out
- spin the fraction - cut the pizza into fractions - "eat" the pizza fraction
- create fractions of a set with pattern blocks
- spin a word problem - create it - write it - and solve it