Get ready to have your students demonstrate their knowledge about The Forest; a Biome of the World using this fresh and funky flip-flap book®!
Included in this unit is:
1 F-O-R-E-S-T Flip-Flap Book® - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about the forest biome This book is to be used as an EXTENSION and/or expository writing resource to your lessons on the forest biome.
- define what a forest is and write the two types of forests
- complete the average rainfall and the average temperatures in summer and winter - describe the climate in a temperate forest
- choose 2 interesting vocabulary words from the unit and define them
- draw and label three different animals that live in the forest
- write two facts about each animal - draw and label three types of plant life that live in the forest
- write two facts about each plant/tree
- abel the continents on a world map, color the areas on the world map that show where the forest biomes are, create a map key, and label a compass rose
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!