This Back to School and End of the Year Keepsake is Engaging and Fun! Your parents will L-O-V-E this keepsake when it comes home at the end of the school year! This unit is completed on the First Day (or week) of School and on the Last Day of School or either one...it's your choice!
Your students will engage in different writing prompts within an adorable word Flip Flap book® that spells out S-E-C-O-N-D. They will adhere their work to a 12 x 15 piece of construction paper.
The front of the poster will say "First Day of Second Grade" then when you flip up the poster to next piece of 12 x 15 construction paper it will say "Last Day of Second Grade!"
Each page of the S-E-C-O-N-D word Flip Flap book® has a writing prompt.
- On the "E" - On the first day of second grade I am, feel, need, and want
- On the "C" - How is second grade going to be different from first grade?
- On the "O" - You are going to be learning so many new things in second grade. What are you most excited about learning
- On the "N" - Write about a new friend that you have met in class. Write two things you learned about your new friend. Then draw their picture.
- On the "D" - This page allows you to add a 3 x 5 vertical picture of each child on the first day of school. They also will write about something they learned on the first day of school and complete Find a Friend scavenger hunt.
The Last Day of Second Grade flip-flap book will have your students write about some fun memories about the year and allows you to add a 3 x 5 picture of your student on the last day of Second Grade.
PLEASE NOTE: This unit requires the use of 8 1/2 x 11 paper AND legal-sized copy paper 8 1/2 x 14)
This project will be a wonderful keepsake that your students' parents will love and cherish for years to come!