Your students will engage in different writing prompts within an adorable word Flip Flap book® that spells out S-E-C-O-N-D. They will adhere their work to a 12 x 15 piece of construction paper.
The front of the poster will say "First Day of Second Grade" then when you flip up the poster to the next piece of 12 x 15 construction paper it will say "Last Day of Second Grade!"
Each page of the S-E-C-O-N-D word Flip Flap book® has a writing prompt.
- On the "E" - On the first day of second grade I am, feel, need, and want
- On the "C" - How is second grade going to be different from first grade?
- On the "O" - You are going to be learning so many new things in second grade. What are you most excited about learning
- On the "N" - Write about a new friend that you have met in class. Write two things you learned about your new friend. Then draw their picture.
- On the "D" - This page allows you to add a 3 x 5 vertical picture of each child on the first day of school. They also will write about something they learned on the first day of school and complete Find a Friend scavenger hunt.
The Last Day of Second Grade flip flap® book will have your students write about some fun memories about the year and allows you to add a 3 x 5 picture of your student on the last day of Second Grade.
PLEASE NOTE: This unit requires the use of 8 1/2 x 11 paper AND legal-sized copy paper 8 1/2 x 14)
This project will be a wonderful keepsake that your students' parents will love and cherish for years to come!