Your parents will L-O-V-E this keepsake when it comes home at the end of the school year!
This unit is completed on the First Day of School AND/OR on the Last Day of School. Your students will engage in different writing prompts within an adorable word Flip Flap book® that spells out F-I-F-T-H. They will adhere their work to a 12 x 18 piece of construction paper. The front of the poster will say "First Day of FIFTH Grade" then when you flip up the poster to next piece of 12 x 18 construction paper it will say "Last Day of FIFTH Grade!"
Each page of the F-I-F-T-H word Flip Flap book® has a writing prompt.
- On the "I" - How did you feel the night before fifth grade?
- On the "F" - "I am" writing graphic organizer to describe personal traits
- On the "T" - Friendship Quest - Find a friend who...
- On the extra page - A Friendly Interview - Each student will interview a friend.
- On the "H" - This page allows you to add a 3 1/2 x 5 vertical picture of each child on the first day of school. They will also complete a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting themselves to their new friend.
The Last Day of Fifth Grade Flip Flap book® will have your students write about some fun memories about the year and allows you to add a 3 1/2 x 5 picture of your student on the last day of Fifth Grade.
PLEASE NOTE: This unit requires the use of 8 1/2 x 11 paper AND legal-sized copy paper 8 1/2 x 14)
This project will be a wonderful keepsake that your students' parents will love and cherish for years to come!