Your parents will L-O-V-E this keepsake when it comes home at the end of the school year!
This unit is completed on the First Day of School AND/OR on the Last Day of School. Your students will engage in different writing prompts within an adorable word Flip Flap book® that spells out F-I-F-T-H. They will adhere their work to a 12 x 18 piece of construction paper. The front of the poster will say "First Day of FIFTH Grade" then when you flip up the poster to next piece of 12 x 18 construction paper it will say "Last Day of FIFTH Grade!"
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
Each page of the F-I-F-T-H word Flip Flap book® has a writing prompt.
- On the "I" - How did you feel the night before fifth grade?
- On the "F" - "I am" writing graphic organizer to describe personal traits
- On the "T" - Friendship Quest - Find a friend who...
- On the extra page - A Friendly Interview - Each student will interview a friend.
- On the "H" - This page allows you to add a 3 1/2 x 5 vertical picture of each child on the first day of school. They will also complete a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting themselves to their new friend.
The Last Day of Fifth Grade Flip Flap book® will have your students write about some fun memories about the year and allows you to add a 3 1/2 x 5 picture of your student on the last day of Fifth Grade.
PLEASE NOTE: This unit requires the use of 8 1/2 x 11 paper AND legal-sized copy paper 8 1/2 x 14)
This project will be a wonderful keepsake that your students' parents will love and cherish for years to come!