This Fire Safety Stop Drop and Roll Flip Flap Books® will allow your students to have some fun during Fire Prevention Week and be engaged and learning at the same time!
This Fire Safety resource has TWO different projects that can be completed. One project is appropriate for Kindergarten and First Grade and the other project would be appropriate for Second and Third Graders.
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
This unit includes:
- A " FIRE " Flip-Flap Book® (for K and 1st) where the students will write about why they would or would not like to be a firefighter, describe a firefighter using adjectives and label a fire truck.
- 3 Flip-Flap Books® that spell out STOP DROP and ROLL!
The students will do the following activities in each book:
- STOP: If your clothes are on fire, what should you do? Label the fire truck. Describe a firefighter using adjectives on a Badge Map
- DROP: Draw and label two things that can start a fire. Would you like to be a firefighter OR label the firefighters gear (on the "O" letter. Find the fire related words in a word find.
- ROLL: The fire alarm is going off in your house, what should you do? Making words using the word "Firefighter." Complete the Venn diagram comparing yourself to a firefighter.
- Detailed photographs included to see the final project and student work samples.