This FAMOUS AMERICANS FLIP FLAP BOOK® can be used for ANY FAMOUS AMERICAN! It is completely open-ended and interactive! Get ready to have your students hone in on those research skills as they complete this Famous Americans Flip-Flap Book® on a famous person or historical figure!
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
Included in this unit is:
1 A Famous A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N Flip-Flap Book® - The students will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned about a specific person they researched.
- draw and illustrate their Famous American that they researched
- write when the person was born and died
- draw an illustration of an event in the person's life and write a caption for the illustration
- complete an Interesting Facts about ________'s Early Life
- which includes place of childhood and family
- draw an illustration of a major contribution their person has made on America and/or the world, write a heading for the illustration, and a short paragraph explaining his/her contribution
- choose 4 character traits the person possesses and provide Proof or Evidence that demonstrates the person possesses that trait
- create a Timeline with 6 events in chronological order about the person's life and draw an illustration depicting the event.
Please Note: This unit requires 8 1/2 x 11 AND 8 1/2 x 14 (legal size) photocopy paper. In order to print this unit, you will need BOTH SIZES OF PAPER!
Try something NEW, DIFFERENT, and FRESH with your students. You can be sure they will have a blast showing their knowledge in a fun and interactive way!