This Earth Day Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-It® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on Earth Day.
The students will.....
- define and illustrate vocabulary words related to Earth Day - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Conserve
- draw, label, and color items that they can reduce their use of
- write three ways to conserve water and electricity
- draw, label, and color items that can be Reused
- write three ways how we can conserve trees
- draw, label, and color items that can be recycled
- write items that they recycle at home and where they put their recycling
- write a PLEDGE on how they will help the Earth and draw a picture illustrating what they will DO to help the Earth
All of my Tab-Its® Booklets can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!