This Earth Day Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-It® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on Earth Day.
The students will.....
- define and illustrate vocabulary words related to Earth Day - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Conserve
- draw, label, and color items that they can reduce their use of
- write three ways to conserve water and electricity
- draw, label, and color items that can be Reused
- write three ways how we can conserve trees
- draw, label, and color items that can be recycled
- write items that they recycle at home and where they put their recycling
- write a PLEDGE on how they will help the Earth and draw a picture illustrating what they will DO to help the Earth
All of my Tab-Its® Booklets can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!