Get ready to Dig into this Dinosaur Unit! This thematic unit is JAM-PACKED with DINO-mite activities to strengthen or enhance your study of dinosaurs or paleontology.
Included in this unit is:
- 2 Different Anchor Charts - I have included the pieces to create a SCHEMA anchor chart and a COULD, HAD, WERE anchor chart. Printables to accompany the anchor charts.
- Mesozoic Era Timeline Mini-Layered Book
- Fossil Finding Expedition Activity - The students will "reconstruct" a dinosaur fossil of mixed-up bones. They will then create a poster of the DINO DIG Reconstruction - Writing and fact finding included in this activity.
- Home-School Connection - Super Sleepover with your Class Mascot (stuffed dinosaur - must be purchased on your own) 5 different Mascot choices - T-Rex, Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Triceratops. Creative Writing
- My Dinosaur Dictionary - This is a 4-page dictionary equipped with 12 AMAZING graphics of dinosaurs that includes main facts about each dinosaur.
- 5 Different activities to complete based on the Dinosaur Dictionary.
- Expository Paragraph Writing Graphic Organizer and Writing Paper
- Dinosaur Trioramas - Directions included and 3 different dinosaur printables that are 3-D for the Trioramas.
- Culminating Activity - Write a Research Report - Included 4 Detailed Graphic Organizers for fact-finding information and then writing a 4 paragraph research report.
I have been teaching about Dinosaurs for 15 years and I have done this 4 paragraph research report every year with my 2nd graders. It is an incredible experience for them to be able to create such a lengthy report that is broken down into smaller, manageable steps.