This Dinosaurs Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-It® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on the Frogs.
The students will.....
- define what a dinosaur is
- draw and label their favorite dinosaur
- observe two different fossils (fossil images) and write 2 facts about each dinosaur based on the fossil shown
- compare and contrast herbivores and carnivores
- research a specific dinosaur and complete a web graphic organizer with factual information
- apply their knowledge of dinosaurs and utilize scientific vocabulary to write a factual paragraph about the dinosaur they researched including a topic sentence, supporting details, and add a conclusion
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
All of my Tab-Its® Booklets can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!