Distance Learning activities included.
This Constitution Day Close Reading Tab-Its® is just the ticket! The informational text passage on the Constitution and Constitution Day will allow for strong discussions within your small group time and the dependent questions and activities are sure to help your students understand why we celebrate Constitution Day in September!
As teachers, we have A LOT of curriculum to cover in a short amount of time, yet we still want our kiddos to have FUN and learn about the different holidays and seasonal events throughout the school year, so this Constitution Day Close Reading activity will allow you to acknowledge the holiday without taking up a tremendous amount of instructional time.
- 1 Constitution Day Close Reading Passage and Tab-It® booklet.
- 1 Constitution Day Close Reading Passage and Tab-It® google classroom booklet and instructions
The students will:
- take part in a close reading lesson with the nonfiction passage
- write what Constitution Day
- explain why the Constitution was created
- use text evidence to write the meaning of three high-level vocabulary words and then find the actual definition in the dictionary
- address the Key Details of the text by writing the main idea
- write 3 questions related to the main idea that can be answered with text-based evidence
- analyze the text by explaining how the Framers of the Constitution structured the government
- analyze the text by explaining their opinion as to why the constitution was important and supporting their opinion with text-evidence