This Communities Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-It® Booklet incorporates writing and the ability to research each type of community.
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.
Included in this unit is:
- 1 Communities Tab-Its® Booklet that is used to research and write all about each type of community
The students will:
- complete a graphic organizer for a Rural Community - they will complete a chart in terms of the type of people, places, things, and animals that they can see in this community
- complete a graphic organizer for an Urban Community - they will complete a chart in terms of the type of people, places, things, and animals that they can see in this community
- complete a graphic organizer for a Suburban Community - they will complete a chart in terms of the type of people, places, things, and animals that they can see in this community
- write the type of community they live in and write two reasons they like living in this type of community
- draw a picture of their community
This Communities Tab-Its® Booklet can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
My Social Studies Tab-Its® BUNDLE can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!