This Chicks Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-It® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on the Chicks.
The students will.....
- complete a graphic organizer describing what chicks CAN do, what they HAVE and what they are
- research facts about chicks and complete a web graphic organizer with factual information
- complete the Life Cycle of the Chicken and label the cycle
- label a diagram of a chick
- apply their knowledge of chicks and utilize scientific vocabulary to write a factual paragraph about chickens including a topic sentence, supporting details, and add a conclusion
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
All of my Tab-Its® Booklets can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!