This Butterflies Tab-Its® booklet is engaging, fun, rigorous and fits beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of this Tab-It® Booklet incorporates reading, writing, art, and research skills.
**Now included is a Google Classroom activity for your Distance Learning and/or virtual teaching needs.**
This unit includes one Tab-Its® booklet on the Butterflies.
The students will.....
- complete a graphic organizer describing what Butterflies CAN do, what they HAVE and what they ARE
- research facts about a specific butterfly and complete a web graphic organizer with factual information
- complete the Life Cycle of the butterfly and label the cycle
- label a diagram of a butterfly
- apply their knowledge of butterflies and utilize scientific vocabulary to write a factual paragraph about butterflies including a topic sentence, supporting details, and add a conclusion
These Science Tab-Its® can be used for students to conduct research on the specific unit of study. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
All of my Tab-Its® Booklets can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!
DIGITAL OPTIONS NOW INCLUDED:
We have now added Google Slide activities to accompany each unit. You can click on the Google Slides link, make a copy, and now begin using it with your students. You can add the Google Slide links to Google Classroom, via email, Microsoft Teams, and Seesaw, etc. This will give you the ability to provide the unit activities digitally to your students.