These Biomes of the World Interactive Notebook Tab-Its® - Volume 3 are engaging, fun, rigorous and fit beautifully in your Interactive Notebooks! Each page of these Tab-Its® Booklets incorporates reading, writing, and research skills.
There are 8 Biomes of the World Tab-Its® Booklets included:
- Life in the Desert
- Life in the Rainforest
- Life in the Grasslands
- Life in the Forest
- Life in the Tundra
- Life in the Taiga
- Life in the Ocean
- Life in a Freshwater Biome
Each booklet expects the students to:
- define each biome and draw a picture of the biome
- research the climate of each biome and record the average temperature in the winter and summer, the average rainfall, and describe the overall climate in each biome
- research 3 animals that live in each biome and write facts about each animal and draw a picture of the animals chosen
- research 3 plants and trees of each biome and write facts about each plant/tree and draw pictures of the plants/trees chosen
- color a US Map OR a World Map to show where the biome can be found and create a map key for the information presented
These Biomes of the World Tab-Its® are used for students to conduct research on the specific biome. Your students can use non-fiction texts, magazines, or the internet to conduct their research to complete the expository writing activities within each Tab-Its® Booklet.
These Tab-Its® can be used as a partner/independent activity after your specific lessons on the unit of study or they can be used in your Work on Writing Center as independent research projects.
These Tab-Its® are EXCELLENT examples of authentic assessments as well!
Check out ALL of my other Tab-Its®!