Arthur! Arthur! Arthur! Don't you just love Arthur Books by Marc Brown?
What better way to write about him and work on reading comprehension then with an Arthur Craft! I find these books wonderfully engaging for my little kiddos and they lend themselves perfectly to so many different comprehension skills that we have to teach.
This unit can be used with ANY Marc Brown book featuring Arthur.
This unit includes:
- An adorable craftivity of Arthur made out of construction paper using the tracers provided in the kit. I also included the face of Arthur for younger students to color if the craft is too difficult for them.
- A Sequencing Accordion Flip-Flap Book using Time Order Words and placed inside a construction paper book that "Arthur" holds once the students make the craft. (4 choices of accordion books included with primary lines and regular lines)
- A Cause and Effect Flip-Flap Book
- A Problem and Solution Flip-Flap Book
- A Character Analysis printable
- Lined paper with and without a box for illustrations where the students can summarize the story using the words Beginning, Middle and End. Or, this can be utilized for any other writing activity you would like your students to do.
Common Core Alignment: Grade 1: (RL.1.2), (RL.1.3), (RL.1.7) Grade 2: (RL.2.1), (RL.2.3.), (RL.2.5) Grade 3: (3.RL.1), (3.RL.3)