This Abraham Lincoln Timeline Accordion Craft is PERFECT for Presidents Day.
Celebrate Abraham Lincoln by creating a Timeline Accordion Book of the important events in his life. And...What better way to display your students' work then in Abe's Hat!!
This craftivity and writing activity will allow your students to have fun while learning about Abe's Life and addressing the Common Core State Standards as well. (RI.1.7) (RI.2.3) (3.RI.3)
Included in this craftivity is:
- Detailed directions on how to create Abe's Hat
- Rough draft timeline so that your children can write the important events in Abe's life and then edit their work for spelling, grammar, and mechanics before they create their final draft.
- Cover title for the outside of Abe's hat
- Blackline printable of the accordion to write a final copy to add to Abe Lincoln's hat.
- Full-color photographs to see the final product and my bulletin board display.
Please note: Your students must use their research skills and different non-fiction texts about Abe Lincoln to choose the most important dates in his life to complete this timeline. This resource should be used in conjunction with your lesson plans and read-alouds about Abraham Lincoln.