Get ready to liven up your St. Patrick's Day lessons with these literacy and math based activities.
Included in this unit is:
- Cause and Effect Craftivity using a mentor text called Clever Tom and the Leprechaun (book not included in unit (must be purchased independently or borrowed from the library)
- Cause and Effect double-sided flip-flap printable.
- A Clover of Character Traits Craftivity - Focus on character traits using this interactive flip-flap Clover and printable.
- "Dublin" Fun - Shamrock-themed Doubles math game
- Leprechaun Loot game and recording sheet (The object of this partner game is to create the largest number they can using a Pot o' Gold Workmat and Leprechaun Loot (cold coins). Recording sheet included for Greater Than or Less Than and tally marks to keep track of each partner's score.)
- Pot o' Gold Domino Sums (This activity allows the students to practice their double-digit addition skills using dominoes on a Pot of Gold Workmat. Fun and interactive. A recording sheet is included to record their equations.)
Each of the math activities included in this unit are in COLOR AND BLACK AND WHITE for those of you who do not have the ability to print in color.
Activities aligned with the following CCSS:
- Grade 1: RL.1.3, 1.OA.5, 1.NBT3, 1.NBT.4
- Grade 2: RL.2.3, 2.NBT.1, 2.NBT.4, 2.NBT.5, 2.NBT.7