These Capacity Spin-Its Math Stations are the perfect complement to your math unit on Capacity. These Capacity math stations fit in seamlessly into a 2nd or 3rd-grade classroom and are completely aligned with the common core state standards.
They work perfectly for your Math Stations if you teach math through a guided math or math workshop approach, or if you just use a variety of math centers in your classroom.
The best part about these Spin-Its Math Stations is the CONSISTENCY that it creates. Once your students learn how to use the Spin-Its and read the directions on the recording sheet the first time, it will be SMOOTH SAILING for the rest of the year. Consistency is KEY when you are expecting your students to work independently on an extension activity of your lesson.
This Capacity Spin-Its Resource includes:
- 7 Capacity Spin-Its Math Stations
- Spin-It, Find-It, Color-It - Spin the spinners, find the correct size container, & color
- Spin-It, Color-It, Add-It - Spin the spinners, color the graduated cylinders with mL and add the milliliters
- Spin-It, Color-It, Subtract-It - Spin the spinners, color the graduated cylinders with mL and subtract the milliliters
- Spin-It, Solve-It, Convert-It - Spin the spinners, add the capacity amounts, convert the answer to Liters and Milliliters
- Spin-It, Write-It, Convert-It - Spin the spinners, write the capacity amounts, convert the answer to gallons, quarts, etc.
- Spin and Cover a Gallon - Spin the spinner, color the correct square on the gallon milk jug to show the capacity measurement until the whole gallon is covered
- Spin-It, Create-It, Write-It, Solve-It - Spin the spinners, create a word problem based on the baking spinners, solve the word problem you wrote